- This event has passed.
Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation Course-Level 2; 20th to 24th September 2021-Online
September 20 @ 11:00 am - September 24 @ 8:00 pm UTC+3
About the Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation Course- Level 2
This course is ideal for: a) Practitioners interested in having a deeper understanding on the contemporary conflicts in the Horn, Eastern Africa and Great Lakes regions, b) Practitioners who are implementing projects in volatile and complex environments, c) Practitioners interested in designing and implementing peacebuilding projects in post conflict settings, d) Practitioners who have some level of basic peacebuilding training.
- Increase participants understanding of various contemporary conflicts in the Greater Horn, Eastern Africa and Great Lakes regions
- Increase participants understanding of conflict and peacebuilding theories relevant to the contemporary contexts in the Horn, Great Lakes and Eastern Africa regions and how they inform programming
- Enhance participants understanding of designing post conflict peacebuilding programmes
- Increase participants awareness of workable peacebuilding strategies for post conflict settings
Expected Training results
At the end of the training, participants will:
- Have a deeper understanding of various real-time conflicts in Eastern Africa, the Horn and Great Lakes regions
- Be able to use different tools to analyze various real time conflicts
- Be able to articulate the different theories of conflict and peacebuilding that inform the fore-mentioned real time conflicts as well as their peacebuilding interventions
- Be able to design peacebuilding projects relevant to their contexts
- Be aware of strategies that can be replicated in their projects/programmes
Trainers/facilitators of the course will be peacebuilding practitioners with accumulated years of experience in designing and implementing peacebuilding programmes and also in designing and facilitating different levels of peacebuilding trainings in Africa and beyond.
The online learning infrastructure will be accessible and easy to use by all participants. Each day will comprise 5 hours of active learning. The training will be practical, drawing examples from post conflict contexts in the Greater Horn, Eastern Africa and Great Lakes region. The training will make use of use of a wide range of participatory adult learning models including inquiry, case study analysis, individual and online group tasks and reflections from participants’ experiences.
For more information about the course, download the training prospectus here
To apply to the course, download the training application form here
US$ 450: The amount covers tuition, soft copy resource materials and an e-certificate of participation. Payment can be done by bank transfer (kindly ask for banking details) or by cheques payable to coalition For Peace in Africa for Kenyan based organizations