- This event has passed.
Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation Course; 1st to 5th August 2022-Nairobi (also availableOnline)
August 1 @ 8:00 am - August 5 @ 5:00 pm UTC+3
This training targets those practitioners working in the fields of Peacebuilding, Peace Keeping Operations, Humanitarian Relief, Human Rights and Post War Recovery in Africa.
It is also ideal for practitioners with basic trainings in peacebuilding and conflict transformation, those whose organizations have recently integrated peacebuilding in their on-going programmes; and those keen to implement their work in ways that are conflict sensitive.
The training case studies and discussions will be drawn from different conflict and peacebuilding contexts in Africa. It will be facilitated by seasoned practitioners with years of practical experiences drawn from different conflict contexts in Africa and high levels of academic qualifications in peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
As far as possible, the course will make use of the full range of participatory adult learning models including inquiry, analysis and reflection from participants’ experiences. Participants will engage in individual and group tasks, and case studies analysis. Everything will be focused on finding practical pathways and responses to real problems through an inspiring and hopeful process.
Language of facilitation
1) Enhance participants understanding of Conflict, Violence and Peace
2) Increase participants’ knowledge of conflict analysis tools
3) Enhance participants’ awareness of theories of conflict and peacebuilding and how these inform their programming
4) Enhance participants’ knowledge of conflict management strategies
5) Increase participants’ knowledge of peacebuilding strategies
6) Enhance participants’ knowledge of conflict sensitive programming
For more information about the course, download the training prospectus here
To apply for the course, download the training application form here