(October 2018, Nairobi, Kenya)
The training is conducted in partnership with Peace Direct-UK and provides a platform for peacemakers in the region who work at the decision-making level to draw from best practices, lessons learnt, examining the interface between policy and practice for more effective approaches in peace building, development and post-conflict reconstruction
This training is designed to draw on the experience and practice of participants, working in development, humanitarian aid or peacebuilding to influence internal policies and programmatic approaches. The course further identifies how organizations can strive to balance their organizational mandate with the demands of working in complex and rapidly changing political emergencies.
- To explore the relationship between organizational policy and practice in situations on instability, conflict or violence
- To deepen participants understanding of peacebuilding from a conflict transformation perspective as it applies to -their work
- To enable participants apply appropriate conflict analysis to their own organizational situations
- To examine issues relating to aid and conflict in order to develop conflict sensitive policies for their organizations
- To consider the key policy and practice issues relating to the prevention of violent conflict and of peacebuilding
- To strengthening participants competence to contribute proactively to the development of appropriate policies and best practices in their organizations/institutions for working in environments affected by conflict or violence
This course is for staff of international and national agencies and those with advisory and management responsibility for relief, development, and peacebuilding programmes. It is particularly relevant for those engaged in the planning and implementation of field-based programmes, and those concerned with developing policies for appropriate responses in complex, political emergencies.
To apply for the course: Download the application form here
Training Charges: $1100: Covers tuition, conference package, airport pickup and drop off and a certificate of participation. Those wishing to have accommodation at the training center, add an extra $500