- This event has passed.
Training of Trainers in Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation, 20th to 24th Nov 2017, Nairobi
November 20, 2017 - November 24, 2017
The ‘Training of trainers in peacebuilding and conflict transformation Course’ is targeting 15 peacebuilding practitioners with an interest in deepening their knowledge and skills in peacebuilding and conflict transformation and in designing, facilitating and evaluating trainings. The five day training is divided into two parts: part one, will focus on Understanding Conflict, Conflict Analysis, Conflict Management and Peacebuilding strategies; the second part will focus on skills and knowledge required to be an effective trainer in designing, facilitating and evaluating a training programme. Each part will take two and half days.
At the end of the five days, participants are expected to have gained the most up-to-date knowledge and skills in peacebuilding relevant to African contexts. In addition, they would practice fundamental skills in conducting training in various contexts.
Core thematic areas:
- Introduction: Understanding Conflict, Conflict analysis
- Theories of conflict and peace
- Peacemaking and Peacebuilding: Learning from African Indigenous cultures
- Strategies of Peacebuilding Interventions
- Fundamental Skills in Conflict Resolution
- Fundamentals in Adult learning in the African context
- Exploring the role of a facilitator/training in dynamic contexts
- Designing a training curriculum
- Facilitation skills and techniques
- Evaluating a training programme
Objectives of the training
By the end of the training, participants would have had the space and opportunity to:
- Deepen their understanding and knowledge of conflict, peace, conflict analysis, theories of peace and conflict;
- Enhance their skills and capacities in peacebuilding strategies relevant to their various contexts;
- Enhance their skills in peacebuilding training design, delivery and evaluation;
For more information on the training download the training prospectus
To apply for the course, download the training application form here