Training of Trainers in Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation Course; 14th to 18th December 2020-online
December 14 @ 8:00 am - December 18 @ 5:00 pm
This training is ideal for practitioners who are engaged in the designing, facilitating and evaluation of training programmes/projects. The training is divided into two main parts with Part One focusing on building participants competencies in Understanding Conflict, Conflict Management and Peacebuilding Strategies while Part Two is wholly dedicated to the enhancement of participants’ competencies as trainers.
At the end of the five days, participants will have gained up-to-date knowledge and skills in specific peacebuilding themes in addition to fundamental skills in conducting training in various contexts.
Objectives of the training
1. To Deepen participants Understanding of Conflict, Conflict Management and Peacebuilding Strategies
2. To Enhance participants skills in designing, facilitating and evaluating trainings
3. To enhance participants knowledge and skills of how to take their trainings online
1. Setting the Scene- Understanding Conflict
2. Conflict Management Skills
3. Peacebuilding Strategies
1. Fundamentals in Adult learning
2. Exploring the role of a facilitator/training in dynamic contexts
3. Designing a training curriculum including an online training
4. Facilitation skills and techniques (including online training)
5. Evaluating a training programme
Training/Learning Methodology and Approach
This year, this training will be online. The online learning infrastructure will be accessible and easy to use by all participants. As far as possible it will still make use of the full range of participatory adult learning models including individual tasks, group tasks, case studies and simulations.Participants will be required to fully contribute from their knowledge and reflections in peace, development, human rights, gender rights and humanitarian work, among other fields.
All those who will successfully complete the course will be issued with a virtual certificate via email