Training of Trainers in Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation Course; 19th to 23rd September 2022, Nairobi (also online on Zoom)
September 19 @ 8:00 am - September 23 @ 5:00 pm UTC+3
The Training of Trainers in Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation course will take place in the period 19th to 23rd September 2022. The training is open to those who would want to attend in person in Nairobi and those who would want to attend online via Zoom.
This training is ideal for practitioners who are engaged in the designing, facilitating and evaluation of training programmes/projects. The training is divided into two main parts with Part One focusing on building participants competencies in Understanding Conflict and Conflict Management. Part Two is wholly dedicated to the enhancement of participants’ competencies as trainers.
The training objectives
- To Deepen participants Understanding of Conflict& Conflict Management
- To Enhance participants skills in designing, facilitating and evaluating trainings (including online)
The training content
- Setting the Scene- Understanding Conflict
- Conflict Management Skills
- Fundamentals in Adult learning
- Conducting training needs assessments for individuals and organizations
- Exploring the roles of a facilitator/training in dynamic contexts
- Designing a training curriculum (including online trainings)
- Facilitation skills and techniques (including online trainings)
- Evaluating a training programme
The training will be both online and face to face. As far as possible, the methodologies will make use of the full range of participatory adult learning models including individual tasks, group tasks, case studies and simulations amongst others. Participants will be required to fully contribute from their knowledge and reflections in peace, development, human rights, gender rights and humanitarian work, amongst other fields.
Some comments from past participants on their key learning from the course;
- I learnt that our we should evaluate our training programme against ‘SO WHAT QUESTIONS’
- I learnt that our trainings should be clear on the change we want to see in the long term not just the short term
- I learnt that we are just facilitators of change, the real experts are the people involved in the situation/conflict. Sometimes they might just lack the tools or can’t see the situation with a different lens. Our task as the trainers is to facilitate this change in different ways.
For more information about this training, download the training prospectus here
To apply for the course, download the training application form here