Training of Trainers in Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation Course; 19th to 23rd November 2018, Nairobi, Kenya
November 19 @ 8:00 am - November 23 @ 5:00 pm
The ‘Training of trainers in peacebuilding and conflict transformation Course’ is targeting 15 peacebuilding practitioners with an interest in deepening their knowledge and skills in peacebuilding and conflict transformation and in designing, facilitating and evaluating trainings. The five day training is divided into two parts: part one, will focus on Understanding Conflict, Conflict Analysis, Conflict Management and Peacebuilding strategies; the second part will focus on skills and knowledge required to be an effective trainer in designing, facilitating and evaluating a training programme. The first part will take 1.5 days and the last 3.5 days.
At the end of the five days, participants are expected to have gained the most up-to-date knowledge and skills in peacebuilding relevant to African contexts. In addition, they would practice fundamental skills in conducting training in various contexts.
Core thematic areas:
- Introduction: Understanding Conflict, Conflict analysis
- Theories of conflict and peace
- Strategies of Peacebuilding Interventions
- Fundamentals in Adult learning
- Exploring the role of a facilitator/training in dynamic contexts
- Designing a training curriculum
- Facilitation skills and techniques
- Evaluating a training programme
For more information, download the training Prospectus here
To apply for the course, download the training application here
You can also write to email@example.com for more details