Strengthening Policy and Practice: meeting the challenges of working in Complex environments Course; 22nd to 26th October 2018, Nairobi, Kenya
October 22 @ 8:00 am - October 26 @ 5:00 pm
This five day interactive training will bring together 16-20 practitioners and NGO leaders from across Africa to examine the links between policy and practice in fragile, conflict-affected contexts led by conflict transformation specialist, Dr. Simon Fisher.
The bespoke course is designed to draw on the experience and practice of professionals working in development, humanitarian aid or peacebuilding and aims to strengthen internal policies and programmatic approaches to working in fragile and conflict affected countries.
Drawing on current best practice and emerging trends, participants will develop effective approaches to peacebuilding, development and post-conflict reconstruction. Participants will identify how they can balance their organizational mandate with the demands of working in complex and rapidly changing political emergencies.
After five days of collaboration, in-depth discussion and practical exercises, you will come away with a comprehensive set of approaches and tools you can use to analyze conflict contexts and apply practically to your work.
How the training course will benefit your work
- Explore the relationship between organizational policy and practice in situations of instability, conflict or violence.
- Deepen their understanding of peacebuilding from a conflict transformation perspective and apply their learning to their own work.
- Learn how to apply appropriate conflict analysis to their own organizations and contexts.
- Examine issues relating to aid and conflict in order to develop conflict sensitive policies for their organizations.
- Consider the key policy and practice issues relating to the prevention of violent conflict and peacebuilding.
- Strengthen their competence in proactively contributing to the development of appropriate policies and best practices when working in environments affected by conflict or violence.
For more information about the course, download the training prospectus here
To apply for the course, download the application form here