Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation Course; 8th to 12th March 2021-Nairobi, Kenya
March 8 @ 8:00 am - March 12 @ 5:00 pm
This training is ideal for practitioners working in the fields of Peacebuilding, Peace Keeping Operations, Development, Humanitarian Relief, Human Rights and Post War Recovery in Africa.
Specifically, it will well address the needs of: a) Practitioners who design and implement peacebuilding programmes, b) Practitioners who would want to implement their peacebuilding programmes in ways that are conflict sensitive, c) Practitioners who would want to be conflict transformation multipliers, d) Practitioners whose organizations have intentions of mainstreaming peacebuilding in their initiatives. The training case studies and discussions will be drawn from different conflict and peacebuilding contexts in Africa.
1) Enhance participants understanding of Conflict, Violence and Peace
2) Increase participants knowledge of conflict analysis tools
3) Enhance participants awareness of theories of conflict and peacebuilding
4) Enhance participants knowledge of conflict management strategies
5) Increase participants knowledge of peacebuilding strategies
6) Enhance participants knowledge of conflict sensitive programming
Areas of coverage include:
1) Understanding Conflict & Conflict Analysis
2) Conflict & Peacebuilding Theories
3) Conflict Management
4) Conflict Sensitivity in Peacebuilding
5) Peacebuilding Strategies