- This event has passed.
Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation Course; 28th March to 1st April 2022
March 28 @ 8:00 am - April 1 @ 5:00 pm UTC+3
Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation Course; 28th March to 1st April 2022, Nairobi, Kenya/Also on Zoom
This course is ideal for: a) Practitioners with basic trainings in peacebuilding and conflict transformation b) Practitioners whose organizations have recently integrated peacebuilding in their on-going programmes; c) Those working in conflict areas and are keen to implement their work in ways that are conflict sensitive, d) Organizations that would want to mainstream peacebuilding in their activities. The training case studies and discussions will be drawn from different conflict and peacebuilding contexts in Africa. The training will be conducted by peacebuilding practitioners who have accumulated years of experience working in different conflict and peacebuilding contexts in Africa
As far as possible, the course will make use of the full range of participatory adult learning models including inquiry, analysis and reflection from participants’ experiences. Participants will engage in individual and group tasks, and case studies analysis. Everything will be focused on finding practical pathways and responses to real problems through an inspiring and hopeful process.
Language of facilitation-English
Expected Training results
- A clear understanding of peace, violence and conflict
- Increased awareness of theories that inform our peacebuilding interventions
- Enhanced knowledge of conflict analysis tools and their usefulness in organizational programming
- Increased awareness of mediation and negotiation as conflict management strategies
- A better understanding of peacebuilding strategies for different contexts
- An enhanced understanding of conflict sensitivity programming in conflict contexts
- Understanding Conflict
- Conflict Analysis
- Conflict & peacebeuilding theories and how they inform programming
- Conflict Management: Negotiation & Mediation
- Conflict sensitive programming
- Peacebuilding Strategies
Option 1 Charges: US$1300: The amount covers tuition, full board accommodation @ Convent International Hotel and a certificate of participation.
Option 2 Charges: US $800: The amount covers tuition, conference charges and certificate of participation.
Option 3 charges: US $450: This amount is for those who will opt to join the training via Zoom and the amount covers tuition and a certificate of participation
For more information on the course, download the training prospectus: http://copafrica.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/2022-March-April-PBCT-Course-Training-prospectus.pdf
To apply for this course, download the training application form: http://copafrica.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/March-April-2022-PBCT-Course-application-form.docx