- This event has passed.
Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation Course;26th Feb to 2nd March 2018, Nairobi, Kenya
February 26, 2018 @ 8:00 am - March 2, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
About the course
This course has been designed to benefit peace actors interested in deepening their understanding of peacebuilding and wishing to work or are already working in post conflicts settings and/or wanting to include conflict sensitivity in programming
The course aims to provide participants with a clear understanding of the dynamics of conflict, violence and peace and to enable them to acquire a range of practical skills related to handling post violent conflict situations. Participants to the course are expected from within the NGOs sector, civil society, government agencies and other institutions supporting or learning peace issues.
The 5 day curriculum combines class work and “open spaces” for creativity and joint action in peacebuilding theory and conflict transformation drawn from a variety of sources and traditions, to complement and build on indigenous African knowledge systems. Learning is based on participatory adult learning models including inquiry, analysis and reflection from participants’ knowledge. Participants engage in individual and group tasks, concept presentation, mini-lectures, case study analysis and videos.
- Understanding Conflict
- Peacebuilding Theories & Practice
- Conflict Sensitivity in Peacebuilding
- Skills for Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding
- Exploration of Indigenous Mechanisms in Peacebuilding
Expected Training Results
- A clear understanding of peace, violence and conflict
- Increased understanding of different conflict analysis tools and the inter-relations between a conflict context and intervention strategies
- A better understanding of peacebuilding theories and the ones that apply to participants projects
- An improved awareness of the ‘Do No Harm Approach’
- Improved knowledge and skills of conflict management strategies
- Appreciation of Indigenous conflict resolution strategies
Option 1: $800-This amount covers tuition fee, certificate of participation, airport pick-up and drop off (where applicable) and the day to day conference package during the training days
Option 1: $1300-This amount covers full-board accommodation at the training centre, tuition fee, certificate of participation, airport pick-up and drop off (where applicable) and the day to day conference package during the training days
For more information;
Download the training prospectus here
Download the training application form here