- This event has passed.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting & Learning in Peacebuilding Practice Course-24th to 28th September 2018, Nairobi
September 24, 2018 @ 8:00 am - September 28, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL) is an integral part of every intervention. When systematically done, MERL makes it easy to articulate a project’s theory of change and to determine if envisaged results are being achieved. It also enables programme staff to draw lessons from what is working and recommend appropriate measures for what is not working. Though MERL is beneficial, many organizations and project staffs shy away from it because many see it as technical in nature, others find it time consuming and yet others fear negative appraisals. In spite of this, it is important for project staff to be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills that would in turn allow them to effectively engage in MERL for the growth of their projects and their organizations.
- Introduce participants to MERL from a peacebuilding perspective
- Enhance participants understanding of the various contextual tools of analysis applied in MERL in the peacebuilding practice
- Build participants understanding of a project’s Theory of Change
- Enhance participants’ skills in developing an evaluation and a learning agenda for their Peacebuilding projects
- Introduction to Monitoring & Evaluation for Conflict Prevention & Peacebuilding
- Contextual Analysis tools
- Developing effective Monitoring tools for Conflict Prevention & Peacebuilding
- Developing a Theory of Change
- Evaluation & Developing a Learning Agenda
For more information about the course, download the training prospectus here
To apply for the course, download the application form here