- This event has passed.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting & Learning in Peacebuilding Course; 15th to 19th June 2020 (postponed)
June 15 @ 8:00 am - June 19 @ 5:00 pm
Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL) is an integral part of all interventions. When effectively done, MERL makes it easy to articulate a project’s theory of change, determine if the implementation schedule is still on course and if desired results are being achieved. It also enables programme staff to easily draw lessons from what is working and recommend appropriate measures for what isn’t working.
Though MERL is beneficial, many organizations and project staffs shy away from it particularly because they see it as technical in nature. In peacebuilding programs, there is fear of negative appraisals using conventional monitoring and evaluation methods and approaches. In spite of this, it is important for peacebuilding programs staff to be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills that would in turn allow them to effectively engage in MERL.
- Introduce participants to MERL from a peacebuilding perspective
- Enhance participants understanding of the various contextual tools of analysis applied in MERL
- Expand participants’ knowledge of the different MERL tools used in the peacebuilding practice
- Build participants understanding of a project’s theory of change
- Enhance participants’ skills in developing a learning agenda for their projects
For more information about this course, download the training prospectus here
To apply for the course, download the training application form here