- This event has passed.
Gendering Human Security, Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation Course; 15th to 19th March 2021, Nairobi, Kenya
March 15 @ 8:00 am - March 19 @ 5:00 pm
Participants to this training are expected to be from within the NGOs sector, civil society, government agencies and other institutions supporting or learning peace issues, gender mainstreaming, CEDAW, UNSCR 1325 and GBV prevention in fragile environments.
Specifically, it will address the needs of:
Practitioners who are interested in getting a deeper understanding of gender and violence prevention in post-conflict transitions,
Practitioners who would like to have a deeper understanding of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Violence Against Women (CEDAW) and a deeper analysis of how its promoting gender equity and women human rights;
Practitioners who would like to explore Human Security as a strategy that can be used to achieve gender equity, reduce gender based violence and hasten conflict transformation and peacebuilding
Practitioners who are keen to explore the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 (UNSCR 1325) and how it relates to Women, Peace and Security.
Practitioners with an interest on gender mainstreaming in their programmes including in the peacebuilding practice
The training content;
1) Understanding violence against women
2) Linking the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), Human Security and Peacebuilding
3) Gendering Conflict Transformation around United Nations Security Council Resolutions (UNSCRs)
4) Human Security Paradigm & its relevance to Women Violence Prevention
5) Gender Mainstreaming in Peacebuilding