Engendering Human Security, Peacebuilding & Conflict Transformation Course; 24-28July 2017, Nairobi, Kenya
July 24 @ 8:30 am - July 28 @ 4:30 pm
This 5 day training targets practitioners from around the continent who are engaged in engendering peacebuilding processes, gender mainstreaming and the prevention of sexual violence against women in situations of conflict and those interested in understanding how UNSCR 1325 and CEDAW relates to their work.
The training will focus on:
- Understanding violence against women
- Linking Convention on the Elimination of All forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), Human Security & Peacebuilding
- Gendering Conflict Transformation around UNSCRs
- Human Security paradigm & its relevance to women violence prevention
- Gender Mainstreaming in Peacebuilding.
For more information on the training content, download the training prospectus here
Download the application form here
The training charges are $1300 to cover tuition, full board accommodation at the training centre, certificate of participation and airport pickup.
Those with alternative accommodation arrangements will pay $800